[Users] migration of VM, which protocol actually works?

aditya mamidwar aditya.mamidwar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:59:53 UTC 2014

i wanted to learn about the modules so that i could understand how the
engine POSTS and sends data to the backend sql database and other scripts
to perform various options.

for e.g i need to know which code actually collects the storage path for
the ISO s during ISCSI storage domain setup.
also how the hosts, clusters and data centers are made and stored at the
backend.
if i want to add a new UI that bypasses some of these complicated tasks
(again for personal understanding), will I be able to do that.

Also i would like to mention that am working on making a little changes to
how the ISCSI protocol works..

My another doubt is:
when are the NFS/ISCSI/FC protocols actually used in ovirt. like what part
of the VM running state?
are their purpose limited to just copying the ISO from the storage center
to the path required by the Host.

Are the protocols them self responsible for sending and getting data during
VM execution on a node.
The concept of node and migration has left me a little confused.
since each node can run multiple VMs , so during the running/execution of
the VM , do the network protocols actully work, if not , then how is that
achieved.
if yes, again my question arises, which module should i focus on regarding
this issue.

thanks
--
-Aditya Mamidwar