[Users] [RFI] GUI Changes for oVirt 4.0

Jiri Belka jbelka at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 13:31:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:47:16 +0000
Sven Kieske <S.Kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> So there are to many ways you can configure the same setting.

100% agree, duplicity between the tree and main tabs is crazy.

If I could wish anything, I would keep the tree but I would make it
more nice and clever - one tree for physical schema, another one for
virtual schema (minic tagging, creating "groups" for related things).

Plus I would like to have right pane to show me quickly general
overview about things selected in left tree (example: If I would be in
a virtual folder called 'webapp' consisting of couple of related VMs, I
would love to see in right pane the list of VMs, graphs about CPU
usage, network usage, storage usage...; more details about the objects
could be implemented in some "tab" inside right pane - example: default
right pane would display info as written above, but details about CPU,
storage would be in separate tabs...).

However, bad decision would be like nightmare for ages, one likes main
tabs, another one likes the tree :)

j.