[Users] centralized Logging engine and hypervisor

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Mar 20 10:26:37 UTC 2014

Am 20.03.2014 11:04, schrieb Martin Perina:

> I didn't try it, but some info can be found in this thread:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10400263/jboss-as-7-configure-logging-to-syslog-appender

Thanks for the link, for documentation purposes, I'll post my findings
here to, so if someone needs this in the future, feel free to use it:

Here is a custom implemented syslog handler for jboss 7.1:

http://randomtekkstuff.blogspot.de/2013/03/jboss-as-7-syslog-handler.html

I will test this out, once I found the jboss module directory..

In the meantime:

Would ovirt-devs consider it save to "sideload" my own
jboss module?

I know this will get painful to maintain once I want to upgrade
so I'm already asking:

Is there a chance as a first step to include a custom
syslog handler jboss module into ovirt (for jboss < 7.2) ?

Later this could get expanded to easily allow to use syslog..

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen