[Users] oVirt 3.5 planning

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Thu Mar 20 17:30:44 UTC 2014

On 19/03/14 18:24, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 03/19/2014 08:41 PM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:
>> On 24/02/14 13:59, Itamar Heim wrote:
>>> with oVirt 3.4 getting close to GA with many many great features, time
>>> to collect requests for 3.5...
>>>

>> Allow select the storage domain when add a new VM from template.
>> Currently the vm is created in the same datastore that the template.
>
> you can clone the template disks to multiple storage domains in the
> DC, then create the VM in any storage domain, for thinly provisioned.
> for clone operation, iirc, you can do this even without having the
> template in the target storage domain?

1 - I could not find a "clone template" option, only the option "copy"
when you select a template's disk in Templates->Disks. Is this "copy"
the "clone" that you mention?

2 - Then can't I use a storage domain only for templates (i.e. use a
slow performance storage only for templates)?

3 - Another question, when you convert a VM to template I see that it is
created with preallocated disk even if the original VM had thinly
provisioned disk. Is there no way to make the template with the same
type of disk (thinly provisioned)??