[Users] Instructions to add a remote controlled power strip not in the native list?

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 21:07:07 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Can you please elaborate on that ? what will not work and why this is related to the ipmilan card ?

> Is the command set for each agent determined by the oVirt database itself,
> in other words, when I add the agent the abilities are then added?

Please see http://www.ovirt.org/Custom_Fencing for the exact set of fields in database involved in that.
If you are implementing raritan PM agent , you should have fence_raritan in /usr/sbin of the host that is selected as a proxy for the fencing operation, you should also make sure that this script has similar permissions as other scripts bundled with the fence-agents RPM

> For example the agent I submitted only has support for connectivity
> settings and power on/off/reboot as well as some delays. Also currently it
> requires that the port be specified as a path ie /system1/outlet1
>
> Will this work as an outlet path?

You can try to put that in the options field in the UI for the PM agent definition , i.e "port=/system1/outlet1"

> Minimum commands required to work?

Not sure I go you here , please elaborate/explain