[Users] API read-only access / roles

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 10:21:23 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 06:16 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as we now have setup ldap, now the question which
> never got answered in the first place:
>
> 1.
> which rights do I need for read only access?
>
> as stated in BZ just login rights won't suffice.

an admin role with login? why not?
i thought we even pre-created such a default read only role by now:
Bug 1038222 - [RFE] Read Only Admin role in AP

(and you can create one yourself in 3.3 as well iirc)

> 2. I want to create a user who has just the
> right to open the vnc/spice connection to
> every vm, is this possible?

but not start/stop VMs?
via admin or user portal (changed the type of role you need to give
admin/user)

just create a role with: login, connect vm, and give it at system level
to the user