[Users] Cannot add IPA server to ovirt

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:50:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Martin Perina <mperina at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this error message means, that engine-manage-domains cannot found any
> KDC (kerberos domain controller) servers registered for your domain.
> To verify this could you please execute:
>
>   dig _kerberos._tcp.itsmart.local SRV
>
> If you domain is configured correctly (including kerberos support) the output
> should look similar to (assuming you have configured two kerberos servers:
> krb1.itsmart.local and krb2.itsmart.local):
>
>   _kerberos._tcp.itsmart.local.  3600 IN SRV  10 0 88 krb1.itsmart.local
>   _kerberos._tcp.itsmart.local.  3600 IN SRV  10 0 88 krb2.itsmart.local
>

> Thanks
>
> Martin Perina

Based on previous documents I read (I don't remember the link now) and
the fact I'm using bind on CentOS 6.4 for DNS, I set this in my
/var/named/data/forward.zone file (infra is my dns server and
localdomain.local is my domain name):

; ldap servers
_ldap._tcp              IN SRV 0 100 389        infra

;kerberos realm
_kerberos               IN TXT LOCALDOMAIN.LOCAL

; kerberos servers
_kerberos._tcp          IN SRV 0 100 88         infra
_kerberos._udp          IN SRV 0 100 88         infra
_kerberos-master._tcp   IN SRV 0 100 88         infra
_kerberos-master._udp   IN SRV 0 100 88         infra
_kpasswd._tcp           IN SRV 0 100 464        infra
_kpasswd._udp           IN SRV 0 100 464        infra

;ntp server
_ntp._udp               IN SRV 0 100 123        infra

HIH,
Gianluca