[Users] Cannot login with AD user after upgrade 3.3->3.4

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Mar 28 20:32:32 UTC 2014

Hello,

my upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 went quite well. Only problem
afterwards is I'm unable to log into the engine with one of
my attached AD users. Internal admin user works fine.

system permissions before and after the upgrade are as follows:

mydomain.com/builtin/Administrators SuperUser
mydomain.com/builtin/Administrators PowerUserRole

engine log reads:

2014-03-28 21:22:10,858 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginAdminUserCommand]
(ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8) CanDoAction of action LoginAdminUser failed. Reasons:USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_TO_PERFORM_ACTION

Login page reads:

User is not authorized to perform this action.

I know the password is correct. If i mistype it the error clearly
shows that the password is wrong. Is there any additional
authorization I have to assign in 3.4?

Markus