[Users] live storage migration - when is this being targeted?

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Mon Mar 31 16:11:35 UTC 2014

On 31/03/14 04:17, Paul Jansen wrote:
> From what I can understand ovirt 3.4.0 - or a least the hypervisor
> part based on el6 - cannot do live storage migration due to an older
> qemu-kvm package.

AFAIK isn't a old qemu-kvm package but a exclusive rhev package with the
live storage migration flags activated in the rpm build spec.

I could activate live storage migration in 3.4 using the packages of
this 3rd party repo: http://www.dreyou.org/ovirt/vdsm/Packages/

I manually installed (rpm -i) qemu-img-rhev and qemu-kvm-rhev in each
node. I didn't need to update vdsm.

Yes I know that is not the most elegant and professional way, but I need
live storage migration.

My nodes run  Centos 6.5 and vdsm 4.13.3

I don't know why downstream includes this feature while upstream still
don't have this. Sounds as political and commercial reasons from RH.