[ovirt-users] Ceph

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon May 5 11:24:20 UTC 2014

Le 01/05/2014 20:58, Dave Neary a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> For my education, how would you like to use Ceph with oVirt?

Hi Dave,

As someone wrote on the mailing list, we would be happy with a
filesystem that would not be dedicated to oVirt only, and would not rely
on oVirt only, but which could be easily used by oVirt (and managed, and
monitored by a web tool).
Our main concern is not performance neither huge petabytes, but
redundancy, geo replication and _reliability_.

We won't have more than 200 VM and not more than 32 hosts, and not more
than 100 To of storage, but we would like to know how this could be
replicated amongst, say, 6 sites.

We still have a long way to go.

> Thanks,
> Dave.
>

> On 05/01/2014 06:17 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
>> Le 01/05/2014 16:27, Jeremiah Jahn a écrit :
>>> Personally, I'd love to use it. I haven't used it because it hasn't
>>> been part of RedHat's enterprise platform, and didn't want to have to
>>> track updates separately, so we went with gluster for all of our
>>> storage needs as opposed to a mix of both gluster and ceph where
>>> appropriate.
>>
>> For the exact same reasons, we did not yet choose which way to go
>> between Ceph and Gluster, wondering which one will lead the market in
>> the next future.
>> But we are strongly willing to use their features, whatever the future
>> mixed enhanced product or name.
>>

>>> </2cents>

Nicolas Ecarnot