[ovirt-users] how to remove VM and Hosts ?

Tamer Lima tamer.americo at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:42:10 UTC 2014

hello

what is the correct procedure to remove VMs and Hosts?
I know the right way is to remove VMs first then remove your Host,
but I generate 20 VMs, just for testing, and I want to remove either the
host who hosts this VMs

Environment:
3 servers:
srv-01 = engine , vdsm
srv-02 = vdsm  ,  spm, lots of VMs
srv-03 = vdsm , lots of VMs

I removed 2 hosts of my ovirt-engine
steps:
1) select host and put on maintenance
2) stop all VMs
3) remove host

But in VM tab I can see all VMs and can not remove .

steps

1) select VM and click on remove
 Are you sure you want to remove the following items?
- pvm0203-2
Remove Disk(s)

2) click ok
Operation Canceled
Error while executing action:
pvm0203-2:
    Cannot remove VM. VM is attached to a VM-Pool.

What really happens here?  Where is this files located to remove manually?

thanks

thanks