[ovirt-users] Users losing permissions when user portal session times out

Jeff Clay jeffclay at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:09:00 UTC 2014

I finally have everything working pretty good. I have noticed that if I log
in to the user portal as a user with the regular "UserRole" granted and
only the the pool objects and the user portal session times I can not log
back in. The user portal shows the message the the user is not authorized
to perform this function. When I log in as admin and go to "users" then
view the permissions for the user I was just logged in as, the user no
longer shows the "UserRole" role even though the permissions on the pool
objects still show the role is granted. I have to delete the user from the
"Users" list and logging back in will refresh the permissions. I have ovirt
integrated with my active directory for logins. I am granting permissions
based on active directory groups. To grant the permissions, I am selecting
the object (usually a pool), then selecting the "permissions" tab and then
clicking "add"; I do a search for the group, i click the check box next to
it and click ok. The group permissions seem to remain on the object when
the user portal session times out, but the actual user that timed out loses
all permissions/roles. I have no idea what could be causing this other than
some sort of bug. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.