[ovirt-users] Ovirt-3.4.1: How to: Upgrading Hosted Engine Cluster
daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Fri May 9 15:45:36 UTC 2014
failing to find a procedure how to actually upgrade a HA cluster, I did
the following witch turned out to be working pretty well.
I am somewhat new to oVirt and was amazed how well actually; I did not
need to shutdown a single VM (well, one because of mem usage; many of my
running VMs have fancy stuff like iscsi and FC luns via a Quantum
Stornext HA Cluster):
1. Set cluster to global maintance
2. Login to ovit engine and to the upgrade according to the release
3. After the upgrade is finished and the engine running, set the
first Node in local maintenance.
4. Login the first node and yum update (with the removal of
ovirt-release as mentioned in release notes).* I rebooted the
node because of the kernel update.
5. Return to oVirt and reinstall the Node from GUI, it will be set
to operational automatically**
6. Repeat steps 3-6 for the rest of the Nodes.
7. Remove global maintenance.
8. Update the last Node.***
* I first tried to do this with re-install from GUI. This failed; so I
used the yum - update method to update all relevant services
** I do not know if this was necessary. I did this because the
hosted-engine --deploy does the same thing when adding a host.
*** I found this to be necessary because I had all my Nodes in local
maintenance and could not migrate the Hosted engine from the last node
any more. The host activation in oVirt did not remove the local
maintenance set prior to the update (witch it should, IMHO). It might be
desirable to have a hosted-engine command option to remove local
maintenance for that reason.
m box bewegtbild GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4315 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Users