[ovirt-users] New problem with hosted-engine during "Configuring the management bridge"

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Thu May 15 00:06:00 UTC 2014

Thanks John.

When hosted-engine aborts, it uninstalls everything.
So there is no webadmin available.

I've tried modifying the VDSM python code (e.g.
/usr/share/vdsm/storage/multipath.py and
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/tool/service.py) to see/work
around what's going wrong, but oddly VDSM does not seem to be affected.
I suspect the original code (or bytecodes) are cached somewhere.
Restarting vdsmd service has no effect. I'd really appreciate some
insight there so I can work around it.

Does oVirt 3.4.1 work more smoothly with F20? I chose F19 because it's
more stable at this point, thinking that things would be more likely to
work smoothly. It's not turning out that way... I'm willing to start
over with F20 if there's no path forward.

-Bob