[ovirt-users] New problem with hosted-engine during "Configuring the management bridge"

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu May 15 08:56:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 01:11:52PM -0400, Bob Doolittle wrote:
> Maybe this isn't the actual problem after all.
>
> I replaced /sbin/multipath with a script runs the old version, but the
> suppresses those errors and returns exit status 0.
> But "vdsm-tool service-reload multipathd" is still failing and I don't know
> why.

Does is work when you call it from the command line?
Your traceback has

    Job for multipathd.service failed. See 'systemctl status multipathd.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

so may there are clues there.

> I have attached my vdsm.log file.
>
> Any guidance appreciated. I'll try digging through the python code for
> service.py and see if I can catch it when the multipath configuration is in
> place to see the exact issue.

BTW, the fact that multipath is reloaded on vdsm startup is a known pain in the
neck:

    Bug 1076531 - vdsm overwrites multipath.conf at every startup

Dan.