[ovirt-users] New problem with hosted-engine during "Configuring the management bridge"

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu May 15 09:03:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 08:06:00PM -0400, Bob Doolittle wrote:
> Thanks John.
>
> When hosted-engine aborts, it uninstalls everything.
> So there is no webadmin available.
>
> I've tried modifying the VDSM python code (e.g.
> /usr/share/vdsm/storage/multipath.py and
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/tool/service.py) to see/work around
> what's going wrong, but oddly VDSM does not seem to be affected. I suspect
> the original code (or bytecodes) are cached somewhere.

I do not think that this is the issue, but you can remove all trace of
*.pyc/*.pyo to make sure this is not the case.

> Restarting vdsmd
> service has no effect. I'd really appreciate some insight there so I can
> work around it.

What have you changed exactly? Where? If you add a plain syntax error to
the script, does it still run?

> Does oVirt 3.4.1 work more smoothly with F20? I chose F19 because it's more
> stable at this point, thinking that things would be more likely to work
> smoothly. It's not turning out that way... I'm willing to start over with
> F20 if there's no path forward.

Vdsm works fine on 3.4.1, but I do not know about hosted-engine. Engine
itself is known not to work on F20.