[ovirt-users] Connection hickups with Pfsense and Carp

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:18:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

I don't do top-postings, just a reply to all.

It works now on all hosts!

I was testing with a Run Once with no macspoof option and changed the CARP
IP on the pfsense box to alias, and back to carp... where with alias I was
able to ping with carp not... and this was good because of the disabled
macspoof option. After this change I was also, with spoof true and not set,
able to ping the IP on the CARP interface itself, so I think Pfsense messed
something up here with ARP tables (I know form the past).

After a restart of the VM I was able to ping all IP, also CARP as it was
starting with macspoof true again.

Some other thing I'm curious about... let's say you have 3 servers in a
cluster, 2 installed with the macspoof hook and one not. The VM with
macspoof enabled starts on the host without the hook and you migrate it to
a host where the hooks is installed. What happens... ?

Cheers,

Matt