[ovirt-users] New problem with hosted-engine during "Configuring the management bridge"

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Thu May 15 14:09:39 UTC 2014

On 05/15/2014 09:59 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 15/05/2014 15:55, Bob Doolittle ha scritto:
>> If I run "vdsm-tool service-reload multipathd" by hand then I see the log I'd expect:
>> reload multipathd.service
> If this command works, hosted-engine setup should not fail on it.
> The setup doesn't touch anything related to multipathd.

Sorry but that is not strictly correct.
You can see the code in multipath.py (setupMultipath()) that writes a
new multipath.conf file just before it tries to restart the service.
It looks like it's trying to modify the scsi_id_path.

So when I run it by hand, I am using the original multipath.conf file.
When it is run during hosted-engine setup, it is with a modified version.
My efforts in modifying the python have been to try to capture that
modified version, so that I can exercise it by hand and see what's wrong.

-Bob