[ovirt-users] Jpackage down

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon May 19 06:28:39 UTC 2014

Il 16/05/2014 16:07, Neil ha scritto:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm doing an urgent ovirt upgrade from 3.2(dreyou) to 3.4 (official)
> but I see that www.jpackage.org is down.
>
> I've managed to install jboss-as-7.1.1-11.el6.x86_64 from another
> location, however I'm not sure if this will be compatible with 3.4, as
> per the instructions from
> "http://wiki.dreyou.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=ovirt_rpm_start33"

Hi,
We ship a jboss-as package within oVirt EL6 repository, so no need for jpackage repository just for jboss-as.
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.4/rpm/el6/x86_64/jboss-as-7.1.1-11.el6.x86_64.rpm

> I've tested browsing to the site on two different internet links, as
> well as from the remote server but I'm just getting...
>
> RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> repository: ovirt-jpackage-6.0-generic. Please verify its path and try
> again
>
> Can I go ahead and attempt the upgrade using 7.1.1-11?

You're upgrading from 3.2 so please follow upgrade instructions for upgrading to 3.3.5 before trying to upgrade to 3.4.1:
- http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3.5_release_notes
- http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.4.1_release_notes