[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.4 hosted-engine static IP

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon May 19 06:50:56 UTC 2014

Il 24/04/2014 16:44, Klas Mattsson ha scritto:
> Hello, new user here!
>
> I've noticed that the virtual interface ovirtmgmt gets an IP address by DHCP.
> Is there any good way to make it static instead?

You can configure with static IP the interface that you're going to use for the bridge.
hosted-engine --deploy will preserve the static ip configuration while creating the bridge.

> I've seen a workaround which is basically:
> run hosted-engine --deploy
> Let it configure the management interface.
> Cancel
> Change the IP adress to static in:
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ovirtmgmt
> Run hosted-engine --deploy again.
>
> Would this be the current appropriate solution?

See above.

> Also, is it possible to change this later on, after the installation is finished?

You'll need working network during the setup process in order to validate gateway and fqdn.
That said, once the hosted engine is deployed you can change network configuration.
Just be sure to call vdsClient -s 0 setSafeNetworkConfig in order to be sure that VDSM won't restore previous configuration.