[ovirt-users] Recovering from an aborted hosted-engine --deploy

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Mon May 19 13:32:52 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 04:13 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 19/05/2014 09:14, Jiri Moskovcak ha scritto:
>> On 05/16/2014 09:12 PM, Bob Doolittle wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had an issue at the end of my hosted-engine --deploy.
>>>
>>> My VM was stuck during OS installation because I was unable to configure
>>> the network for some reason.
>>>
>>> So I chose the final option "3" to abort the deployment.
>>>
>>> Now, I seem to be stuck. If I try to re-run --deploy it says it's
>>> already installed.
>> What's the exact error message? If it's just saying that there is already a VM on taht host, then you can run the following commands on the host to
>> remove it:
>>
>> vdsClient -s 0 list
>> vdsClient -s 0 destroy <ID of the vm you get from the first command>
> or hosted-engine --vm-poweroff.
> Waiting for the error message for understanding what's blocking you.

The error was:

> [ ERROR ] The following VMs has been found:
> cee35901-04f7-49de-8bdc-709c1f5e3df7
> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment setup': Cannot setup
> Hosted Engine with other VMs running

I was trying to install the VM using a netinst ISO, which I think was
too ambitious. Since I couldn't get the VM network up for some reason, I
didn't get very far with the installation. I want to try over with a
normal install ISO. Can I destroy the VM as Jiri suggested, and then
re-run --deploy? Or do I need to do the cleanup actions Didi suggested?

Thanks,
      Bob