[ovirt-users] Migrate to Hosted Engine - problem with doc/web page

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Tue May 20 01:13:49 UTC 2014

For the record, I'm pretty sure the How-To at
http://www.ovirt.org/Migrate_to_Hosted_Engine actually requires an
external database, although it never states so.
The instructions as written will not work otherwise, because it presumes
a pre-existing database before running engine-backup restore.

If somebody can confirm I can open a bug on the page.

In any case I have started over with a fresh engine-setup in a fresh VM.

Having some issues I'll state in a different thread for clarity.

-Bob