[ovirt-users] Hosted engine problem - Engine VM will not start

Bob Doolittle bdoolittle at teradici.com
Tue May 20 12:57:12 UTC 2014

Well that was interesting.
When I ran hosted-engine --connect-storage, the Data Center went green,
and I could see an unattached ISO domain and ovirt-image-repository (but
no Data domain).
But after restarting ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent, the storage
disappeared again and the Data Center went red.

In retrospect, there appears to be a problem with iptables/firewalld
that could be related.
I noticed two things:
- firewalld is stopped and disabled on the host
- I could not manually NFS mount (v3 or v4) from the host to the engine,
unless I did "service iptables stop"

So it doesn't appear to me that hosted-engine did the right things with
firewalld/iptables. If these problems occurred during the --deploy,
could that result in this situation?
I have temporarily disabled iptables until I get things working, but
clearly that's insufficient to resolve the problem at this point.

-Bob