[ovirt-users] Template creation, Network overhead?

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue May 20 15:09:44 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I have a question concerning the template creation process.

I am creating a template from a windows server with a 1TB thin prov.
boot disk; about 9GB of witch is actually used.
The Data Storage Domain copied from and to is a the same NFS domain.

It seems to me after the initial write process the whole 1TB of zeros is
read back by the SPM? I can confirm my storage appliance is running on
100% network interface speed with almost zero Disk IO.
Also, sampling done on the SPM with iftop reveals reading (RX) from my
storage appliance on interface speed (I watched it go up to 75GB right
now).

Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to cancel the template creation?

Thanks,

--

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767