[ovirt-users] Hosted engine problem - Engine VM will not start

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Thu May 22 07:17:30 UTC 2014

On 05/22/2014 09:06 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Imho your assumptions are wrong, but _I_ also may be wrong
> so please correct me, if you can.
>
> AFAIK:
> first:
> A Datacenter without a master storage domain can't
> become operational.

- that's correct, first you need to attach master storage (which must be
differetn from what you used for hosted engine setup) and then the data
center will become operational and you can attach iso domain.

> second: for hosted engine, the only supported setup type
> is on an nfs master storage domain?

<advertisement> we're adding support iscsi for 3.5 </advertisement> ;)

> So I think you really need the nfs.
>
> Sorry if I'm wrong, I didn't install this setup yet, my
> knowledge is purely based of reading the wiki and the ML
> so there might be some errors in my statements, maybe some
> dev could correct me.

- you got it right, I think the confusing part here is the fact that you
need additional storage and can't use the storage used for the HE. (at
least that's what got me)

--Jirka