[ovirt-users] Cannot find guest domain /var/tmp/console-9.rdp

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Thu May 22 16:20:03 UTC 2014

Looking at my console.rdp file (attached), it does not appear to have
valid content. Nowhere does it specify an IP address or valid hostname
to connect to so I don't see how it could possibly work. It has:
> full address:s:W2k8-build
but that is simply the name I assigned to the VM in the oVirt admin GUI,
not an actual hostname. The address is assigned via DHCP so no hostname
would work anyway. Since I can't get a console I can't determine what
that address is, either :) (no guest agent running).

I only get a console.rdp file for my Windows 2008 VM. For my
newly-imported Fedora 20 VM I get a console.vv which works fine.

Any clues? Why console.rdp instead of console.vv, and how is that
supposed to be used to connect to the VM?

Note console for both VMs are configured as "Spice".

Thanks,
     Bob