[ovirt-users] Removing Snapshot sub tasks

Meital Bourvine mbourvin at redhat.com
Sun May 25 07:52:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'll try to explain - I hope that I'll get it right :)

Lets say that you have a vm with one disk, and you create a snapshot - what it actually does is creating another disk and start writing to it from this point. Now lets say that you create another snapshot now - again, it'll create another disk and start writing to it.
Now if you want to remove the first snapshot, you need to merge the information that was written on this snapshot, so you won't loose data in the second snapshot.