[ovirt-users] Can i do this with ovirt?

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Mon May 26 07:51:19 UTC 2014

On 05/26/2014 03:09 AM, Grant Tailor wrote:
> What i want to do is have the hosts use their local storage..i do not
> want to use NAS or NFS for storage of host or virtual machine
> data/files. I wan each host to have their local SATA disks as their
> storage....just like in Ganeti

Sure you can use the "Local storage" feature.

What's the reason you don't want NFS? IS it because you don't want to
have a dedicated storage or because you want to separate your vm
storages? If it's the dedicated storage you could have a look at
GlusterFS, otherwise you can for sure use the local disks.

> Can ovirt do this?
> It is ok to have ISO images on the ovirt-engine/management host but i do
> not want NFS or Shared storage when it comes to the hosts in the
> infrastructure.

In oVirt 3.4.1 you have to use either NFS or POSIXFS - so there's a need
for a NAS...