[ovirt-users] Running Ovirt node in virtualbox or vmware workstation under nested virtualization?

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon May 26 08:28:42 UTC 2014

On 05/26/2014 10:24 AM, Asif Murad Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configure ovirt management server in virtual machine. but I
> have download the ovirt node 3.4 iso and try to install as a node in
> virtualbox 4.3.12 + vmware fusion 6.0.3 + vmware workstation 10.0.2
> but all results are same, when booting from iso, I get the
> installation menu then found stuck.
>
> I have run vmware esxi and openstack havana + icehouse in both of my
> thinkpad x220 with win 7 pro 64bit and macbook pro with osx 10,9 both
> are corei 5 vpro processor and 8gb ram.
I would first of all try to install fedora 19 in a virtual machine and
install there then VDSM via the host deploy.  Make it work without node,
so you can figure out what's the minimum requirements for the
configuration of the vm. Once you have the configuration working, you
can try again with the ovirt node, if this is not working I don't really
know what's the problem, the menu being stuck doesn't tell me anything,
however I am not working on node.

Fabian? Any Idea?

See how it works at redhat.com