[ovirt-users] SLA : RAM scheduling

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Mon May 26 14:22:16 UTC 2014

Hi Nathanaël,

happy to assist :) hope it will work in first run:

1) install the proxy and ovirtsdk.
2) put attached file in the right place (according to docs: ".../plugins"), make sure to edit the file with your ovirt's ip, user at domain and PW.
3) restart proxy service.
3) use config tool to configure ovirt-engine:
* "ExternalSchedulerServiceURL"="http://<ip>:18781/"
* "ExternalSchedulerEnabled"=true
4) restart ovirt-engine service.
5) under configure->cluster_policy see that weight function memory_even_distribution was added (should be in manage policy units or /sth- you will see it in the main dialog as well).
6) clone/copy currernt cluster's used cluster policy (probably none - prefer it to have no balancing modules to avoid conflicts), name it 'your_name' and attach memory_even_distribution weight (you can leave it as the only weight module in weight section to avoid configuring factors).
7) replace cluster's cluster policy with newly created one.

try it out and let me know how goes :-)

Thanks,
Gilad.