[ovirt-users] Can HA Agent control NFS Mount?

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Mon May 26 15:12:04 UTC 2014

On 05/26/2014 02:38 AM, Doron Fediuck wrote:
> Great to have your feedback guys!
>
> So just to clarify some of the issues you mentioned;
>
> Hosted engine wasn't designed for a 'single node' use case, as we do
> want it to be highly available. This is why it's being restarted
> elsewhere or even on the same server if no better alternative.

I hope you will keep this configuration in your design space as you move
forward.
As you can see it is likely to be a popular one. At a previous employer,
everybody in our development group had a single (powerful) machine
running VMware vSphere, with a hosted vCenter, to use as a development
VM testbed.

It's likely to be popular for people with few resources who want to run
in a fully supported configuration.

HA is great, but not every environment has the resources/requirement to
support it. oVirt has a lot to offer even a leaner environment and I
hope those environments continue to get attention as the product
matures. For example, I hope there is a reasonable story around upgrades
to future releases for single-node hosted configurations.

> Having said that, it is possible to set global maintenance mode
> as a first step (in the UI: right click engine vm and choose ha-maintenance).
> Then you can ssh into the engine vm and init 0.

What is the recipe for a clean startup after shutdown?
Can we do 'hosted-engine --vm-start' while the system is in Global
Maintenance mode?

Thanks,
     Bob