[ovirt-users] Can HA Agent control NFS Mount?

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Tue May 27 09:02:58 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hi Sven,
Referring to Bob's mail, he mentioned people with little resources, and also
a development use case- "running VMware vSphere, with a hosted vCenter, to use
as a development VM testbed."
These are valid cases for Kimchi, where all you want to do is simply run a VM.

If you want to be able scale up to 100 hosts or more, you can definitely start
with 2 hosts, which is the hosted engine use case. The reason why I mention it,
is that additional hosts will require proper network and storage configuration,
which basically mean you want to plan ahead even when you begin with a modest
deployment of 2 hosts.

I do not think a single-host use case is technically impossible, but we need
to understand a VM may die, and in a single host setup this may have additional
implications. So why get into troubles instead of planning your way or using
the right tool for the task. Just imagine using a 5.4 Kg hammer to hang a picture
frame on the wall.

Doron