[ovirt-users] Snapshot deletion gone horribly wrong - Urgent

Stefan Wendler stefan.wendler at tngtech.com
Sat Nov 1 23:10:03 UTC 2014

After exporting some unused VMs and deleting other snapshots afterwards
I'm back to 500GB. But the partially deleted 1TB Snapshot is still there
and needs to be cleaned up.

Is there a clean way to "cleanup" partially deleted/migrated snapshots
without loosing more disk space? What I don't understand is what is
there to migrate, if it is the last snapshot anyway? Shouldn't the
"Actual VM"-disks be in a consistent state with or without the
snapshots? Or asked another way ... are there documents with an in-depth
description on how snapshots work in oVirt?

Cheers,
Stefan