[ovirt-users] qemu-kvm from Jenkins - renamed packages to rhev?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 22:01:44 UTC 2014

On 11/03/2014 10:58 PM, Giorgio Bersano wrote:
>> On 10/30/2014 09:05 PM, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
>>>
>>> In the past in order to have live snapshots work in CentOS 6.5 I had to
>>> use RPMs from
>>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/qemu-kvm-rhev_create-rpms_el6/.  I've
>>> noticed now that the RPMs have been renamed and no longer match the
>>> names of those distributed by CentOS.  Are the CentOS builds of QEMU now
>>> supporting live snapshots, or are these builds in Jenkins still required?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> - Trey

>> native centos - no
>> the jenkins job isn't needed as well as the build is now in the repo (and
>> 3.5 now requires qemu-kvm-rhev to avoid such problems)
>> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.5/rpm/el6Server/x86_64/
>
> Hi,
> I would like to point out that - thanks to the CentOS 6.6 release -
> qemu-{img,kvm}*0.12.1.2-2.448.el6_6.x86_64 are now available but the
> qemu*rhev* in the 3.5 repository you mentioned are still stuck at
> 0.12.1.2-2.415.el6_5.14.x86_64 .
> Is there any possibility of an upgrade?
>
> TIA, Giorgio.

Eyal - can someone please handle.
it seems
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/qemu-kvm-rhev_create-rpms_el6/configure has:

# As soon 6.6 and others get released uncomment each release below
# unfortunately if we uncomment and it don't get files jenkins
understand it failed.
for version in '6.5' # '6.6' '6.7' '6.8' '6.9'

Thanks,
    Itamar