[ovirt-users] hosted engine , how to make changes to the VM post deploy

Alastair Neil ajneil.tech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:38:51 UTC 2014

I have successfully migrated my standalone ovirt into a hosted instance.  I
have some questions and comments.

Is there a mechanism to make changes to the hosted engine VM post deploy.
I would like to change some of the VM configuration choices.

I tried setting the maintenance mode to "global" and then editing:

 /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/vm.conf

I changed something simple: the VM name.  Then I copied the file to the two
other HA hosts and set the maintenance mode to "none".

No joy the VM hostname remains unchanged in the portal.

Also, the notification system is horrendously spammy, I get email
notification of each state change from each of the HA hosts, surely this is
not intentional.  Is there some way to control this?

-Thanks,  Alastair