[ovirt-users] Can some one share the use cases for the local storage?

Sven Kieske s.kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Nov 6 08:44:42 UTC 2014

On 06/11/14 09:15, Arman Khalatyan wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to understand the local storage purpose.
> I was wondered are there any production systems using local storage?
> Or in another way, how to use effectively the local hosts disks?
> My ovirt purpose is so serve HA-VM LAMPs.

Well yes there is local storage in production at various sites.
For real HA you inevitable need a shared storage solution.

You could try to utilize local disks by using gluster ceph
or any other software defined storage system.

Gluster is the most integrated withing ovirt, but here are some
caveats:

It's not encouraged to run vms on the hosts which are part of the
gluster cluster (but it works, at least this is what you can read on
this very ML).

It's not supported to run hosted-engine on top of gluster, at least
not without a replica count of at least 3.

HTH

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen