[ovirt-users] replace ovirt engine host

ml ml mliebherr99 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:08:04 UTC 2014

Hello List,

currently i am testing backup and restore of my ovirt engine host.

So far the backup and recovery works.

Since i have a nfs ISO_DOMAIN i need to remount the nfs mounts on my
vdsm hosts/nodes. This is kinda ugly but okay :)

However, my storage information seems to go weird. It looks like the
ovirt engine gets confused about the current status.

Do i have to restart vdsm after replacing the ovirt engine?

When i put connect my original ovirt engine again the cluster status is okay...

I test this by unplugging the original ovirt engine host network cable
and doing a restore on a connrected 2nd machine.

So i guess my question is: How do i replace my ovirt engine smoothly
in a production enviorment?

Thanks,
Mario