[ovirt-users] hosted engine , how to make changes to the VM post deploy

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Thu Nov 6 15:11:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 08:11:39AM +0100, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> On 11/04/2014 03:52 PM, Alastair Neil wrote:
> > So is this the workflow?
> >
> >     set the hosted-engine maintenance to global
> >     shutdown the engine VM
> >     make changes via virsh or editing vm.conf
> >     sync changes to the other ha nodes
> >     restart the VM
> >     set hosted-engine maintenance to none
>
> - well, not official, because it can cause a lot of troubles, so I would
> not recommend it unless you have a really good reason to do it.

I'd like to move my ovirt-engine VM to a new NFS storage.
I was thinking to adopt this workflow for this use-case
(in combination with rsync to mirror the old storage).

Do you think this would succeed or is there another
(and maybe "supported") way to move ovirt-engine to a
different storage?

Regards
- Frank