[ovirt-users] Upgrade question

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun Nov 9 18:31:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

I just wanted to clarify the upgrade procedure for when I am ready to go
from my 3.4 -> 3.5.

I have a single server running oVirt 3.4 (host+storage) with a
self-hosted engine setup.  The hosted engine and the host are both on
CentOS 6.5.

According to the release notes for 3.5, I would install the
ovirt-release35.rpm RPM, which gives me the oVirt 3.5 repositories.  Is
the upgrade path at that point then as simple as running "yum upgrade"
on both the host and the hosted-engine or do I still need to run "yum
update ovirt-engine-setup" then "engine-setup" after upgrading both?

It isn't clear (to me) if the "yum ovirt-engine-setup" and
"engine-setup" steps on the 3.5 Release Notes are for a clean install
only, or if they still need to be run on a system being upgraded.

Thanks! :-)

-Alan