[ovirt-users] Live merge?

Martijn Grendelman martijn.grendelman at isaac.nl
Wed Nov 12 15:55:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

The first thing the 3.5 release notes talk about is Live Merge of
snapshots and I've been dying to try that out.

Problem: I think my environment is completely up to date now, but the
"Delete" link on VM snapshots remains greyed out when the VM is running.

Going via "Storage" -> Domain name -> "Disk Snapshots", clicking
"Remove" is possible  (UX inconsistency), but it stops with "Error while
executing action: Cannot remove Disk Snapshot. At least one of the VMs
is not down."

What is needed, besides the following, to make live merge work?

- oVirt Engine Version: 3.5.0.1-1.el6
- Data Center Compatibility Version: 3.5
- Host OS: RHEL - 6 - 6.el6.centos.12.2
- KVM Version: 0.12.1.2 - 2.415.el6_5.7
- Libvirt Version: libvirt-0.10.2-46.el6_6.1
- VDSM version: vdsm-4.16.7-1.gitdb83943.el6
- Live Snapsnot Support: Active

VM has been restarted to make sure it's running on the latest qemu-kvm.

Please advise, thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Martijn Grendelman