[ovirt-users] Problem installing windows 2008 sp2 and windows 2012 server standard

Lev Veyde lveyde at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 16:49:04 UTC 2014

Hi Michal,

The latest version of oVirt WGT uses build 81 of VirtIO-Win (the latest available for Fedora) from http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/bin/

Thanks in advance,
Lev Veyde.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michal Skrivanek" <michal.skrivanek at redhat.com>
To: "wodel youchi" <wodel_doom at yahoo.fr>, "Lev Veyde" <lveyde at redhat.com>
Cc: "users at ovirt.org List" <users at ovirt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:36:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Problem installing windows 2008 sp2 and windows 2012 server standard

On Nov 11, 2014, at 22:43 , wodel youchi <wodel_doom at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ovirt 3.5 on Fedora 20; all updates
> latest virtio-win 0.1-81
>
> In the process of testing ovirt: testing Windows installation with virtio-win drivers
>
> A) I've tried to install Windows 2008 SP2 using Virtio disk, the installation succeeded, the problem was with:
>         - the Virtio Network, the was driver installed, the NIC card detected, but no trafic after configuration, I switched to e1000 and it works.
>         - I had an unknow SCSI device, so I installed the driver and I got a nice BSOD !!!! and I had to use a previous snaphot to re-use the VM.
>         - Finally the ovirt agent did not seem to work, no information on Ovirt GUI.
>
> B) With Windows 2012, only the IDE disk worked for installation, the Virtio and Virtio-SCSI helped detecting the disk, but Windows installer won't install "Error: windows can't install on disk0 partition 2 error 0x80300001"
>
> using the IDE option, windows is still installing after 1h, it's very slow…

did you try the windwos guest tools iso we finally have in oVirt 3.5[1] from here[2]? Lev, which virtio version is included? Regardless the other stuff it seems like specific to virtio-win drivers….

Thanks,
michal

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/oVirt_Windows_Guest_Tools
[2] http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.5/iso/ovirt-guest-tools/