[ovirt-users] separate ovirtmgmt from glusterfs traffic

Demeter Tibor tdemeter at itsmart.hu
Thu Nov 13 11:41:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a 3 node gluster based cluster. There are 3x3 Nic with bonding. Sometimes the management is very slow because high gluster traffic.

Is it possible to separate ovirtmgmt network from glusterfs traffic?
I have only one interface (ovirtmgmt) for all of services (migration, etc).
I just wondering I will make three VLANs for these services and use the QoS function. But how can specify glusterfs for use an other vlan for gluster traffic an a other one for management?
Also, I have more questions about this:

- If I specify a VLAN on ovirtmgmt, then what happend on nodes? I'm afraid the nodes will lost the connection with each other nodes.
- Is it possible on a live system? What will happen with the mounted glustefs based datastores?
- What does "vm network" mean on ovirtmgmt interface? Can I use this for seperate network traffic?

My plan is
- vlan.101 ovirtmgmt
- vlan 102 glusterfs
- vlan 103 migration
- vlan 104 display

What is the recommended procedure of this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tibor