[ovirt-users] [VOTE NEEDED] oVirt meetings schedule change proposal

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 14:47:41 UTC 2014

Hi,
last oVirt sync meeting was skipped and the previous one was at risk due to a bit of confusion on DST changes.
oVirt sync meeting is the only meeting we have bound to UTC without DST changes.

Current scheduled meeting list is available here: http://www.ovirt.org/Meetings#Meeting_Time_and_Place

We don't have a reference timezone, we use: UTC, EDT, Asia/Jerusalem.

The UTC time zone has been deemed obsolete. It has been replaced by Etc/UTC and it doesn't use DST.

EDT is currently not observed in North America since DST isn't active. Locations are currently observing EST instead.

Asia/Jerusalem is following DST changes.

I suggest to unify the reference timezone.
Since it seems that using UTC causes issues in re-scheduling other local timezone tasks, I guess best solution is to follow the DST changes.
As nearest to UTC following DST I suggest Europe/London as timezone.

Comments are welcome.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com