[ovirt-users] Live merge?

The Austrian theaustrian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:50:24 UTC 2014

Hi Martijn

I am running up-to-date EL7 hosts and was also disappointed to find Live
Merge was not functional (yet).

As I understand it the live merge feature depends on some quite new
features in libvirt and qemu which are only available at the moment in the
Fedora virt-preview repo. More information at this link
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Live_Merge.  As to be expected libvirt and
qemu packages provided in EL6 and EL7 will lag a bit behind upstream for
good reasons such as ensuring things are well tested and proven reliable. I
am sure Red Hat are very keen to get this much overdue feature into their
RHEV product so I don't expect the wait for updated EL packages will be too
long.

Regards
Paul