[ovirt-users] Fake power management?

mots mots at nepu.moe
Fri Nov 14 14:54:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm building a small demonstration system for our sales team to take to a customer so that they can show them our solutions.
Hardware: Two Intel NUC's, a 4 port switch and a laptop.
Engine: Runs as a VM on one of the NUCs, which one it runs on is determined by pacemaker.
Storage: Also managed by pacemaker, it's drbd backed and accessed with iscsi.
oVirt version: 3.5
OS: CentOS 6.6

The idea is to have our sales representative (or the potential customer himself) randomly pull the plug on one of the NUCs to show that the system stays operational when part of the hardware fails.
My problem is that I don't have any way to implement power management, so the Engine can't fence nodes and won't restart guests that were running on the node which lost power. In pacemaker I can just configure fencing over SSH or even disable the requirement to do so completely. Is there something similar for oVirt, so that the Engine will consider a node which it can't connect to to be powered down?

Regards,

mots