[ovirt-users] Upgrade to Ovirt 3.5.0 Authentication Fails to IPA

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 19:39:24 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

This is probably a bug, can you please execute the following and paste result:

# PGPASSWORD="@PASSWORD@" psql -U engine -d engine -c "select * from vdc_options where option_name='LDAPSecurityAuthentication'"

Replace @PASSWORD@ and probably other parameters based on /etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/10-setup-database.conf

It is probably empty and we should file a bug.

If you are interested there is a new ldap provider in 3.5 available in snapshots repository (ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap package), documentation is available here[1], this provider should be simpler and robust as it uses only ldap protocol and is fully customizable.

Regards,
Alon

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=HEAD