[ovirt-users] Engine: Get guest XML dump

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Wed Nov 19 12:44:36 UTC 2014

Hello,

after working with Foreman for a while come to love the yaml dump
feature for hosts as it proved invaluable for debugging and setups [1].

After some questions on the list here if for instance libgfapi is being
used I think such a feature also might prove useful in oVirt.
Right now, I log into the host running the vm and to this with virsh
dumpxml.
I imagine something like -> right click on a guest and choose 'XML
dump'; or a XML tap in the VM edit window.

If somebody else thinks this is useful too, I will open a RFE.

Cheers,

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksr0tilbmcc#t=78

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767