[ovirt-users] Sizing the master storage domain

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Wed Nov 19 15:50:41 UTC 2014

Le 27/10/2014 10:32, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :

>>> This is a nice feature, but as detaching (then removing) is needed, my
>>> question still remains.
>>>

>> master storage domains is a normal storage domain. it only happens to be
>> using its "special metadata part" as the master. so all storage domains
>> have it. if its down, engine will automatically select another one.
>
> Itamar, and others,
>
> Just a little word to explain that I've just finished to test the
> feature you described above (automatic master storage domain switching)
> and it is working nicely, and very quickly.
> This is very cool and useful.

Trying something very similar, but on a production setup, so I don't
want to mess everything : Can I put a master storage domain into
maintenance mode, when it contains some running VMs?
Is yes, what will be the effect?
Will it only transfer the master metadata parts to another storage
domain, or will it also put it into read-only mode or other actions?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot