[ovirt-users] Possible python api bug on api.clusters.list

Amedeo Salvati amedeo at oscert.net
Fri Nov 21 09:37:12 UTC 2014

   Hello,
   before opening a new bug, I'm asking here if somebody could let me know if this is a bug or there are other ways to obtain clusters list...
   on python script I retrieve cluster list by using:
   clulist = api.clusters.list( "datacenter=" + "PROD" )
   but this query on python script will be *automatically* expandend on something like evething datacenter containg word PROD -> *PROD*, and on our env there are either NO_PROD datacenter and PROD datacenter, and this cause that clulist object contains every clusters on both datacenter.
   Instead ovirt-shell works fine and returns only clusters filtered by datacenter-identifier parameter.
   To better understand this is snippet of python code:
   >>> clulist = api.clusters.list( "datacenter=" + "PROD" )
   >>>

   >>> for clu in clulist:
   ...     print "Found cluster " + clu.get_name()
   Found cluster NO_PROD         <-------- THIS CLUSTER IS ON NO_PROD DATACENTER
   Found cluster PROD

   ovirt-shell snippet that works fine:
   [oVirt shell (connected)]# list clusters --datacenter-identifier PROD
   id         : 168c0d5e-8f12-4377-aabf-604adfd36b2b
   name       : PROD
   [oVirt shell (connected)]# list clusters --datacenter-identifier NO_PROD
   id         : a092c9fc-0f5f-471e-8bca-b3828255aa5a
   name       : NO_PROD
   [oVirt shell (connected)]#
   Is this a bug? Can I open a new bug on bugzilla?
   Best regards
   Amedeo Salvati