[ovirt-users] Mount iscsi snapshot as another data domain

Mario Giammarco mgiammarco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 10:11:15 UTC 2014

> If you use direct LUN option for a VM image, you can take a snapshot of
> that LUN on the SAN and attach it as another direct LUN and eventually boot
> from that. Do you really need to take an online snapshot of the whole
> storage domain with all the VM in a single shot?

Actually I am searching a backup and easy disaster recovery strategy.
I prefer to not put each vm on its lun because it seems very difficult to
manage. I would like to let ovirt manage my storage.
Snapshotting all storage can be an easy way to do backups if I can quickly
import again the storage domain and start an old version of a vm.
The other option I can evaluate is to use ovirt api for backups but, as far
as I know, there are no opensource backup solutions that use that api.
Am I right?
Thanks again,
Mario